Hy-Vee Inflatable Archway Promotes Sponsors & Makes a Good Impression
Hy-Vee Inflatable Arch Contributes to Raising Money for Children's Charity
Employee-owned Hy-Vee grocery stores have 229 locations - and a big heart. CEO Ric Jurgens founded the Hy-Vee Triathlon in 2007 to promote fitness and encourage a healthy lifestyle.
But there was more. Jurgens also wanted to help children. So he set up the triathlon to donate proceeds to Variety - the children's charity in Iowa.
We were thrilled to play a small part in helping this organization raise over $750,000 (to date) for their charity and to persuade others to live healthy. By having an inflatable archway created for the race, Hy-Vee was able to promote their sponsors through the use of interchangeable banners. In addition, the professionally designed and manufactured arch also made a great impression when the event received television coverage on NBC.
According to Darin Hirl, Director of Event Marketing, "The Hy-Vee Triathlon has grown in four years to the richest event in the sport. Elite athletes from around the world come to West Des Moines in pursuit of $1 million in prize money."
Way to go, Hy-Vee! Keep up the good work.
Featured in Landmarketing Issue 34
- Landmarketing Issue 34 - Summer 2010
- Inflatable Mascot Helps Conway Area Chamber of Commerce Promote Education
- Komodo Dragon Inflatable Builds Curiosity for New Zoo Exhibit
- Tacony's Giant Vacuum Replicas Show Off Made in the USA Status
- 5 Proven Ways Inflatables Generate Excitement at Events
- Frisch's Restaurants Keep Customers Coming with a Rooftop Inflatable Mascot
- Frisbee Dog Entertainment & Their Inflatable Mascot are Both World Class