How to Set Up a Cold-Air Inflatable Inside a Truck Bed
It’s becoming more common to haul cold-air inflatables via truck at local parades. Not only do parade inflatables attract attention and generate buzz for organizations and local businesses, but they're also are easy to set up, manage, and takedown. The information below was put together to help you pull off a successful parade float using cold-air inflatables.
Set-Up Time: 15 minutes
Things You’ll Need:
- Inflatable with fan system (blower)
- Tether Straps with Carabiners to Secure the Inflatable
- A gas generator (Power Source) 2000W
- A truck with Hardware in the truck bed for attaching tethers.
Before the Parade: Set Up Instructions
- Start with a clean, empty truck bed.
- Place generator in the truck bed near the cab.
- Center inflatable in the truck bed. Locate the front and back of inflatable based on how you want to be displayed.
- Attach the inflatable’s tether straps to the attachment hardware (cargo hooks) in the truck bed using carabiner clips (usually provided by the inflatable manufacturer).
- Tighten the tether straps so the inflatable will remain inside the truck bed.
- Close all zippers on the inflatable.
- Start the generator.
- Plugin the fan system (blower).
- As the inflatable inflates, slowly loosen and adjust the tether straps as necessary so that the inflatable is secure in the truck bed & facing the correct position.
During the Parade
- Enjoy the ride!
CAUTION: DO NOT DRIVE FASTER THAN 5 MPH WHILE THE INFLATABLE IS IN THE TRUCK BED. EXCEEDING 5 MPH COULD CAUSE DAMAGE OR INJURY.
After the Parade: Take Down Instructions
- While holding a tether strap, open the deflation zipper.
- Unplug the fan system (blower) from the generator.
- Gather the inflatable toward the inside of the truck bed as it deflates.
- Unhook the tether straps from the truck bed.
- Remove the inflatable from the truck bed and place it onto a clean area where you will be able to roll out and pack it back into the inflatable storage bag.